CAFCO® 300 is a spray or trowel applied, single package factory controlled premix, based on
Vermiculite and gypsum, for internal use. It is a lightweight coating that provides very efficient fire resistance with minimal thickness to steel and concrete frames, metal floor and roof decks and to return air plenums. Structures protected with CAFCO® 300 can provide fire resistance for up to 240 minutes. Building types that will benefit from the use of CAFCO® 300 include educational, leisure and entertainment centres and commercial projects.
- Colour and finish: Off-white with a monolithic spray texture.
- Theoretical coverage: 217 m²/tonne at 15 mm thickness.
- Number of coats: One or more as required.
- Initial set: 10–15 hours at 20°C and 50% RH without accelerator.
- Density: 310 kg/m³ (±15%) without accelerator, approximately 10% less with accelerator.
- Bond impact: No cracks or delamination to ASTM E760.
- Air erosion resistance: No erosion to ASTM E859.
- Compressive strength: 1.22 kg/cm² to ASTM E761.
- Deflection effect: No spalling, delamination or cracking to ASTM E759.
- Flame spread: Class 0 as defined by the Building Regulations.
- Thermal conductivity: 0.078 W/mK.
- Corrosion resistance: Does not promote corrosion of steel. However, a primed substrate is recommended for long term corrosion resistance.
Promat UK operates a quality system in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001: 2000 and has received full accreditation to these standards. Structures protected with CAFCO® 300 have undergone extensive fire resistance tests up to 240 minutes in approved independent laboratories to recognized standard BS 476-21.
The thickness of the fire protection for a given period of fire resistance in a cellulosic type fire relates to the A/V ratio of the section. For advice on thickness calculations for hollow sections, cellular beams, castellated sections, composite floors, upgrading of concrete slabs and more complex situations, please contact Promat UK.