Water resistant extruded polystyrene board with excellent thermal performance and high compressive strength specifically designed to insulate swimming pool bases and retaining walls. Its very low water absorption properties allow it to be installed below the concrete slab without the use of a damp proof membrane. Manufactured using reclaimed CO2 as a blowing agent and has a global warming potential (GWP) of less than 5. Manufactured in accordance with BS EN 13374 and tested to BS EN 12267.
- CFC, HCFC, HFC and HFA free.
- Code for Sustainable Homes Pol 1 compliant.
- Excellent life-long thermal performance.
- Very high compressive strength able to withstand long-term static loads.
- Wide range of thicknesses available: 50–160 mm.
Standard product features
Extruded polystyrene (XPS).
600 x 1250 mm.
Grade (to BS EN 826):
- Compressive strength (to BS EN 826): 500 kPa.
- Density (minimum, to BS EN 1602): 40 kg/m³.
- Long term water absorption by immersion (% volume, to BS EN 12087): <0.7%.
- Temperature range: -50 to +75°C.
- Thermal conductivity (to BS EN 12667): 0.033–0.038 W/mK.
- Water vapour diffusion factor (to BS EN 12086): 100–200 µ.