A ½" built-in, single sequential thermostatic mixing valve.
Standard product features
Meynell V8/3B Thermostatic Mixer:
A thermostatic mixer with integral strainers is TMV2 and TMV3 approved for use in both the health care and residential sectors.
Units provide high flow rates at low pressures and safe thermostatic shut down in less than 2 seconds.
Units are suitable for use with all plumbing systems.
Exposed lock-shields and longer lever versions are available.
Meynell V8/3 BL Thermostatic mixer:
Specification as above but supplied with long lever for disabled use.
Supplied with integral strainers.
- Inlet - 15 mm compression.
- Reversible outlet connector - ½" BSP male or 15 mm compression.
All V8/3 valves (excluding lockshield model) are operated via a single sequential control, which, when rotated, initially opens the valve, then increases the temperature from cold to a pre-settable maximum temperature stop.
- Factory pre-set maximum outlet temperature: 42°C.
- Minimum temperature differential between hot inlet and pre-set outlet temperature: 10°C.
- Optimum temperature control range of mixer: 35°C to 45°C.
- Maximum hot water supply temperature: 85°C.
For safety reasons it is recommended that hot water storage temperature is maintained at between 60-65°C in ablutionary applications.
The performance specification outlined below is achieved with the outlet blend temperature set between 35°C and 45°C, with supply temperature of 15°C cold and 65°C hot and nominally equal inlet supply pressures.
Outlet blend water temperature is maintained within 2°C with a 10°C change in hot or cold supply.
Shutdown of outlet flow to seepage within 2 seconds in the event of failure in either the hot or cold water supply, providing the blend temperature differs from the inlet supply temperature by at least 10°C.
The valve will maintain control with a pressure loss ratio of up to 10:1, with open outlet.
Pressure/ Flow rates:
Maintained supply pressure should be nominally equal.
- Maximum pressure loss ratio: 10:1.
- Minimum maintained pressure: 0.1 bar.
- Maximum static pressure: 10 bar.
Body: DZR Chrome plated brass.