Scotash is a market leader in quality controlled, sustainable construction products.
ScotAsh Trojan Mortar Cement is a carefully formulated blend of PFA, Portland cement and air entraining agents.
It is designed specifically for:
- Bedding and pointing of all types of bricks and blocks.
- Rendering and plastering.
- Internal and external finishes including pebbledash and roughcast.
- Backing and bedding wall and floor tiles.
The cement is not suitable for concrete.
Mortar is produced using Trojan Masonry Cement with only the recommended quantity of good quality sand and water.
The mortar is highly workable with excellent plasticity, cohesiveness, water-retention and board life.
Standard product features
Trojan Masonry Mortars are sulphate and freeze thaw resistant.
Trojan Masonry Cement complies with BS EN 413-1 Class MC 12.5.
Generally darker in colour to normal Portland cement.
ScotAsh recommended mixes:
- Above damp proof course – cement:sand – 1:4.
- Below damp proof course – cement:sand – 1:3.
- Free standing walls, parapet walls, chimneys – cement:sand – 1:3.