Guardian laminated safety glass is a combination of two or more panes of glass with one or more clear polyvinyl butyral (PVB) layers. This can be adapted to many aspects of modern window design, such as solar control, noise reduction, privacy, thermal insulation and energy conservation, whilst ensuring the safety and security against a wide variety of situations.
- Manufactured into suitable single, double or triple glass insulating units.
- Designed to break safely under impact to reduce the risk of serious injury.
- Offers additional protection against vandalism, burglary and explosions.
- Can be incorporated in units in combination with many other products in the Guardian range to achieve high performance (ClimaGuard® and Sun-Guard®).
- Protects against UV radiation, which will protect materials prone to fading.
- Can reduce the levels of noise with considerably greater efficiency than ordinary glass of the same thickness.
- Offers impact resistance up to class 1(B) 1 when tested in accordance with EN 12600.
- Curtain walling and window systems.
- Low level glazed areas at risk of human impact.
- Floor to ceiling glazing.
- Doors, furniture and partitions.
Guardian Europe has ISO 9001 accreditation for the manufacture of float glass at all of its European based float glass plants. Guardian LamiGlass® complies with the requirements of EN 14449: 2005 ‘Glass in Building: Laminated Glass and Laminated Safety Glass’. Guardian also has ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard.
LamiGlass® may be available to satisfy other performance requirements, made up of a variety of additional thicknesses or number of PVB interlayers – consult manufacturer for suitability.