Western Red Cedar’s natural characteristics provide a wonderful material for finishing with solid colour stains. Its outstanding dimensional stability, fine texture and freedom from pitch and resin all combine for an exceptional ability to accept and retain many different types of finish. Whether looking to create the classic ‘New England’ look, or desiring a striking and unusual colour tone, Silva Timber can supply factory finished Western Red Cedar in exactly the colour required. Every board is coated on all sides in the vacuum coating process in controlled factory conditions. A combination of heat, vacuum pressure and feed speed ensures consistent coverage and finish quality. The boards are then dried in a heat chamber and the whole process is repeated three times to provide the required finish (primer and two top coats).
- 50 year warranty on material.
- Unlimited colour choice with a uniform finish.
- All sides coated for maximum protection against weather damage.
- No colour variations, lap marks, shrink lines, streaking or dirt pick-up.
- Low shrinkage factor, resistant to warping, checking and twisting.
- Lightweight, easy to work with and ready for installation.
- Saves time and labour costs.
50 year warranty on material.
Standard product features
Kiln dried to 12-15% moisture content.
Pre-finished Western Red Cedar cladding and trim can be ordered in one of nine classic colours or a colour of your choice.
1.8 x 31 mm stainless steel annular ringshank nails.