Product general description:
An area elastic, sprung sports floor with multi-purpose, multi sports capabilities. The Gransprung System is classified as ‘impact energy absorbing’ under BS 7044 (Artificial Sports Surfaces), as an A1 (Heavy Duty Indoor Use) surface by the Sports Council and falls within the category of DIN 18032 (Plane Elastic Floors).
The area elastic flooring is created by fixing 10 mm Granwood flooring blocks in Granfix PA polyurethane adhesive, onto a two layer, 2440 x 1200 x 12 mm resin bonded building board undercarriage with 75 x 75 x 12 mm thick, closed cell cross linked polyethylene foam resilient pads fixed to the underside and spaced to give 21 per m². All joints are grouted with Granwood grout of matching colour.
- Impact and airborne sound reduction.
- Proven fire and flood resistance.
- Available in ten pastel shades.
- Offers the looks and warmth of timber with the stability of a ceramic.
Wood composite blocks:
Comprising bi-product wood granules, fillers, pigments and linseed oil, are hydraulically press formed. The curing process polymerizes and oxidizes the linseed oil, imparting stability and resistance to water, fire, abrasion, and chemical attack.
- Installed flooring is stable, allowing installation with underfloor heating and 'wet' cleaning.
Standard product features
- Dimensions: 174 x 57 x 10 mm thick.
- Thermal Resistance: 0.028 m²k/W.
- Fire resistance to BS 476: Class 1.
- Zero fuel contribution factor and is resistant to flame action in temperatures exceeding 800°C.
Three coats Granguard Aqua water based polyurethane seal.
Granwood offers sports line markings in a range of colours appropriate to official court markings – Badminton (White); Basketball (Black); Hockey (Blue); Hockey (Orange); Netball (Red); Tennis (Yellow); Volleyball (Green); 5-a-side football (Blue).
- Granline: Resin based permanent lines, 10 mm deep, inlaid as floor is installed.
- Granpaint: Two-pack polyurethane paint.