Product general description:
Sprung sports floor designed to accommodate load requirements in excess of those set out in BS 6399–1:1996 for gymnasia and sports halls.
The sprung flooring is achieved by fixing 10 mm Granwood flooring blocks in Granfix PA polyurethane adhesive, onto a two layer, 2440 x 1200 x 12 mm resin bonded building board undercarriage with 2440 x 1220 x 8 mm support boards fixed to the underside with a grid of 85 x 85 mm apertures to receive 75 mm x 75 x 12 mm thick, closed cell cross linked polyethylene foam resilient pads fixed to the underside and spaced to give 21 per m². All joints are grouted with Granwood grout of matching colour.
- Impact and airborne sound reduction.
- Proven fire and flood resistance.
- Available in ten pastel shades.
- Offers the looks and warmth of timber with the stability of a ceramic.
Wood composite blocks:
Comprising bi-product wood granules, fillers, pigments and linseed oil, are hydraulically press formed. The curing process polymerizes and oxidizes the linseed oil, imparting stability and resistance to water, fire, abrasion, and chemical attack.
- Installed flooring is stable, allowing installation with underfloor heating and 'wet' cleaning.
Standard product features
- Dimensions: 174 x 57 x 10 mm thick.
- Thermal Resistance: 0.028 m²k/W.
- Fire resistance to BS 476: Class 1.
- Zero fuel contribution factor and is resistant to flame action in temperatures exceeding 800°C.
Three coats Granguard Aqua water based polyurethane seal.
Granwood offers sports line markings in a range of colours appropriate to official court markings – Badminton (White); Basketball (Black); Hockey (Blue); Hockey (Orange); Netball (Red); Tennis (Yellow); Volleyball (Green); 5-a-side football (Blue).
- Granline: Resin based permanent lines, 10 mm deep, inlaid as floor is installed.
- Granpaint: Two-pack polyurethane paint.