Sikafloor 400 N Elastic is a one component, low solvented, coloured, high elastic polyurethane coating for internal or external floors and containment tanks.
Suitable areas of application:
- Concrete and masonry containment tanks/ bunds.
- Manufacturing process areas.
The cementitious substrate should be sound and of sufficient compressive strength (minimum 25 N/mm²) and pull off strength (minimum 1.5 N/mm²). The surfaces must be dry and free of all contaminants, e.g. oils, grease, surface treatments and coatings, etc. The substrate must be prepared mechanically to achieve an open textured fine gripping surface, free of cement laitance. Weak concrete should be removed and surface defects such as blowholes and voids must be fully exposed. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed, preferably by brush and vacuum, from all surfaces before application of the coating. Repairs to cementitious substrates and filling of blowholes, levelling of irregularities, etc. should be carried out using an appropriate product from the SikaDur®, Sikafloor® or SikaGard® range of materials. Prior to application, confirm substrate moisture content and RH. If >4% by weight or >75% RH, Sikafloor® EpoCem® may be applied as a DPM system.
Standard product features
Poured and spread evenly with a trowel.
- Light wear: 1 coat Sikafloor 400 N.
- Medium wear: 1 coat Sikafloor 400 N.
- High wear: 1 coat Sikafloor 400 N (broadcast to excess with quartz sand).
- With coloured flake surface design: 1 coat Sikafloor 400 N.
- With coloured quartz surface design: 1 coat Sikafloor 400 N broadcast to excess with coloured quartz sand to suit.
- Light wear: 300–500 micrometres.
- Coloured flake/ quartz design: 0.9–2 mm
Consult manufacturer for details.