The following CPD Providers Network material is available from Sika Limited:
A Specifier's Introduction to Concrete Repair
This seminar will provide:
- An introduction to the European Standards for concrete repair and protection
- Typical symptons of failed concrete
- Principles of reinforced concrete diagnosis
- Repair, options and methods
Advanced Elastic Bonding and Sealing in Construction
This seminar provides an insight into elastic bonding technology, understanding material performances, selection of appropriate joint material, and awareness of the implications of poor selection.
Basement Waterproofing Technologies and Solutions
Car Park Waterproofing and Decking Systems
This seminar provides information on:
- Typical problems associated by insufficient waterproofing
- European and British standards applicable to car park waterproofing
- Types of waterproofing solutions
- Management and maintenance structures
Painting Galvanised Steel
This seminar looks at how Duplex systems can help the specifier overcome the specification pitfalls in the painting of galvanised steel. It will also help you better understand how and why paint coatings work with galvanised steel.
Rejuvenating Concrete Structures
This seminar aims to provide an awareness of the underlying contributors that lead to the deterioration of reinforced concrete. It also seeks to look at examples of and explain the primary cause of distress, gives guidance in selecting an appropriate rejuvenation strategy and looks finally at modern material technologies, including repair mortars, corrosion inhibitors and protective coatings for façades.
Single Ply Roofing: An Introduction
This seminar looks at the subject of single ply roofing: what a single ply is, where they can be used, materials, selections and standards, form, wind loading, assistance available, abuse, faults, fire, insulation and environment.
Specifiers Guide to Flooring - Integral and Applied Finishes
The material provides the specifier with an appreciation of the factors to be taken into account when considering a floor finish and the various systems available to him/her. It aims to demonstrate various flooring systems for industrial and commercial use, and also provides a frame work for selecting an appropiate system.
Waterproofing of Structures - Above and Below Ground
This seminar analyses the four grades of use in accordance with BS8102, protection of structures against water from the ground, and considers the various solutions available prior to selection of the most appropriate system.
Watertight Concrete Construction
This CPD seminar is specifically tailored for designers who are involved in the construction of below ground and water retaining structures
- Analyses the different grades of use in accordance with BS 8102 -2009 protection of structures against water from the ground
- Considers the various solutions of waterproofing available to the specifier
- Satisfying the 3 grades of use in accordance with the specification
- Protection of structures against water from the ground
- Rising water tables
- Other considerations for specifiers