Basotect melatech melamine-based acoustic foam is unique, flexible, open cell foam, possessing a combination of low weight, a Class 0 fire specification and good sound absorption properties.
Manufactured from melamine resins, melamine foam exhibits superior fire, temperature and chemical resistance. Furthermore, being halide-free, melamine foam does not emit any of the toxic by-products associated with conventional polyurethane-based acoustic foams when exposed to either naked flame or extreme heat.
Versatility, coupled with a choice of complementary acoustic materials such as damping sheets, barriers and facings, allows Melatech foam to be used in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications where superior reverberation control is required.
- Fan coil units, plenum and duct linings for HVAC systems.
- Wall and ceiling panels for offices and conference suites, plant rooms etc.
- Industrial enclosure linings and suspended absorbers.
- Engine rooms and accommodation areas in the marine industry.
- Theatre and cinema auditoriums, swimming and ice arena complexes, lecture halls.
- Case linings, splitter and louvre infill in power generation.
Standard product features
2500 x 1250 mm.
Class 0 (to BS 476-6 and BS 476-7).
Refer to manufacturers data sheets.
Approximately 10 kg/m³.
0.035 W/mK (at 10°C).
Up to 150°C.
Custom sizes can be produced, consult manufacturer for details.